Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Yesterday I borrowed three novels from the library* in an attempt to brush up on my grammar and vocabulary (it's concerning how quickly your brain turns to mush when you stop reading). The first one that caught my eye was, 'Monsieur Montespan: A Novel' by Jean Teule. The next, 'Tinkers' by Paul Harding. And the last, 'The Bonfire of the Vanities' by Tom Wolfe. I'm starting with the latter as it's the thickest (I don't know how long it will take to complete) and I've been meaning to read it for a while. Better get cracking! x.

Via.

*Until recently I feared borrowing/touching books from the library. It was a case of hygiene. We don't know where the book has been. For all we know, the last person who held the book had a cold and sneezed all over it or worse, turned the pages whilst on the toilet. I got over it when my income could no longer support my love of books... $20 a fortnight versus $0 a fortnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment